Flat Rate Relocation understands the difficulty and stress that arises through the packing process of your house. With that in mind, we have created a simple step-by-step process to help our clients prepare for their upcoming move.
When beginning the packing process, start room-by-room as this will allow for the transition to be easily dealt with. Consider a scenario where you start something and then begin to start another project, we all know how inefficient that is.
Once you have decided which room you will begin packing, start with the smaller items, such as miscellaneous items.
Now that you have packed the smaller items in the room, be sure to use appropriate boxes. You don’t want to pack one box too heavy and the others too light.
- Try to label your boxes, that way you won’t get confused.
- Have markers ready to write on your boxes, and label all boxes with breakable items, that way movers will be more careful.
- Take time to pack everything carefully, it is important to know what you put in your boxes.
- Don’t forget to take your plants and pets with you. It is important that you take them in your own vehicle.
- Don’t pack flammable items.
- Let your kids help pack up their own room; this will make moving fun for them and yourself.
- Use wardrobe boxes for your clothes.
- Use heavy-duty packing material or bubble wrap for breakable things.
- Try to pack room-by-room, start from one place, this way you will be finished quicker.
- Try to do your packing two to three weeks earlier so you won’t be stressed out.